Believe it or not I was never really much of a fan of eggnog. I always thought it was gross. The BF however loves it and would probably drink it by the gallon from November through February. In an effort to keep crap consumption down I found a healthier more peaceful version of eggnog that I thought many of you might appreciate. I will admit I haven’t tried it yet but after perusing many-a-recipe this seems to be the best.
•21 oz extra-firm silken tofu
•2 cups soymilk (almond,rice or any other milk you prefer)
•2/3 cup light brown sugar or organic honey
•1/4 tsp salt
•1 cup cold water
•1 cup rum or brandy
•4 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
•20 ice cubes
• organic cinnamon
• organic nutmeg
1. Place the crumbled tofu and soymilk in a blender with the sugar and salt.
2. Blend until very smooth.
3. Scrape this into a large bowl or pitcher, and whisk in the water, rum or brandy, and vanilla.
4. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate until serving time.
5. To serve, blend half of the mixture in the blender with 10 of the ice cubes until frothy.
6. Repeat with the other half.
7. Serve in glasses with nutmeg and cinnamon sprinkled on top.