I saw this on another blog this morning but I knew this couldn’t be the only recipe. Incase you didn’t know half of The Green Beagle Team is one hearty Italian lady and I love me some pizza. That may sound stereotypical but what can I tell you, it’s true! When I saw a recipe for pizza pancakes I started drooling almost immediately! I have never really been a fan of breakfast foods for breakfast anyway. I prefer lunch or dinner type meals in the morning. Also, why have I not thought about making these already? Different cheese, vegetable and herb mixtures are popping into to my mind and apparently into others as well seeing as there are plenty of pizza pancake variations out there. I decided to go a little simple with this one because your first attempt isn’t always your best when it comes to cooking new things.
•2 cups organic baking mix
•1 cup organic fat free milk or a plain soy milk (A flavor, Almond or Rice milk may make the batter too sweet but that could be a yummy option as well)
•2 organic eggs
•3/4 cup shredded fresh mozzarella
•1/4 cup grated organic Parmesan cheese
•4 leaves fresh organic basil chopped
•1/4 teaspoon organic oregano
•1/4 teaspoon organic parsley
•1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic)
•Organic Tomato sauce for dipping
•Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle on top
1. Heat griddle or skillet and grease with olive oil, if necessary.
2. In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, basil, oregano, parsley * garlic powder.
3. Then combine eggs and milk and stir into dry ingredients until moistened and evenly mixed.
4. Add the cheeses into the mixture and mix.
5.Pour a little less than a 1/4 cup onto hot griddle & cook until bubbles form on top. Flip until you reach desired color and texture of your pancake.
6. Once all pancakes are cooked you can cut the pieces into wedges and garnish with fresh basil leaves and Parmesan cheese. You can also put a cup of tomato sauce on the side for dipping or drizzle the sauce on top of the pancakes.