I know I have mentioned probably one too many times how much I love Mexican food. Now that it is apparently football season and I am forced to spend time with people who are obsessed with the sport and the only thing that gives me a modicum of joy is making fun party food. Most of these football fans are terrified of vegetarian foods but I am on a mission to change that. This comes with a warning however……do not surprise meat eaters with vegetarian meats without warning. Often times if people aren’t used to eating vegetarian meat it has an effect on them and not warning them is just mean and cruel to them, you and other party people.
2 Crescent Roll Tubes
1 LB Ground Vegetarian Meat
1 Packet of Organic Taco Seasoning
1 1/2 cups Grated Organic Cheddar Cheese
Shredded Organic Lettuce
1 or 2 Diced Organic Tomatoes
1/2 Small Can Sliced Olives (optional)
Fat-Free Organic Sour cream (optional)
Organic Sliced Avacado (optional)
1. Lay out the two tubes of crescent pastry, thick sides in. Use some of the left over crescent rolls to to make the center a bit thicker.
2. Season and cook the vegetarian meat. I often add vegetables like grated carrots, onions, peppers ect. to my vegetarian meats.
3. Lay “meat” in a circle inside of the laid out crescent rolls.
4. Add cheese to the top
5. Pull over crescent rolls and tuck in under meat and cheese.
6. Follow the cook time on the crescent roll package.
7. Let cool slightly or add a small dish in the middle then add cheese, lettuce, tomato, black olives,
sour cream and anything else you want, in the middle as.