I love this time of year and I know I have mentioned how much I love Halloween. I found this super adorbs simple party fun recipe on All You Magazine. These are the kind of appetizers that everyone will enjoy and you won’t have to spend forever trying to get them right! I also like that they are simple enough to incorporate into other holidays. Add some fun shaped pretzels/crackers/treats and make them reindeer antlers or make a top hat and it can be a leprechaun! You can play with the cheeses and use different colored sesame seeds, nuts, cracker or chip crumbs to compliment the cheese ball. You can also make monster bites or witches maybe vampires and ghosts! Soo much fun! Get creative!
1 (4 oz.) package organic cream cheese, softened
8 ounces soft, organic goat cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup organic pesto
2 tablespoons organic coarse ground black pepper
2 tablespoons organic poppy seeds
8 organic pitted black olives, sliced
32 organic whole pepper corns
32 triangular organic tortilla chips (blue is fun but any color will do)
1. Mash together cream cheese, goat cheese and pesto.
2. Let chill for 40 minutes.
3. Shape mixture into 16 2-inch balls.
4. Roll in black pepper and poppy seeds to cover.
5. Press two olive slices into balls for eyes
6. Place peppercorns in centers for pupils.
7. Insert chip on either side of ball for wings and serve.