Seriously how cute is this. What a great way to keep your children interested in heating healthy?! It is an even better way to spruce up any old cheese plate for a party. Keep this recipe in mind for Halloween parties or even children’s birthday parties. You can always dip the mice in a fruit dip or chocolate dip.
1 Package of fresh organic strawberries
1 Handful organic almond slivers
1 Organic string cheese
1 Handful of mini carob, peanut butter or chocolate chips
Spoonful of organic peanut butter
Wedges of your favorite cheese
1. Wash all strawberries thoroughly.
2. Slice the strawberry so that it can lay flat on the plate.
3. Take your mini chocolate, carob or peanut butter chip into the front of the strawberry to make a nose. Use some peanut butter to help it stick if necessary.
4. Use stick 2 more chips above the nose to make eyes. You can also add tiny dots of peanut butter to the eyes or just use peanut butter instead. (you can substitute the pb with cream cheese, fluff, or fruit dip if anyone has allergies or just doesn’t like pb.)
4. Stick 2 almond slivers above the eyes to make ears.
5. Make a whole in the back of the strawberry to add the tail. Pictured above they have used licorice but I thinks string cheese is a much better option and a little more fun too.
6. Cut your cheeses into small wedges and place on the plate with your Mice. You can add other fruit when serving as well like grapes and bananas.