I love this idea! I happen to think that serving trays add a touch of class to any environment even if they are just purely decorative. I like even more that you won’t have to go out and buy one you can make your own out of an old serving tray you want to spruce up or if you find an unfinished one you can now make it your way.
Old Serving Tray (or new unfinished tray)
Collectible Cards, Magazine Cut outs or Playing Cards
Eco-Friendly Crafting Glue
Eco-Friendly Spray Adhesive
Clear Gloss EZ paint (an eco-friendly spray paint, if you have clear gloss spray paint at home any will do)
Crafty odds and ends you have been holding on to.
1. If you have an unfinished wood tray make sure it is sanded and smooth before starting to decorate.
2. Find your decorations. Whether you have playing cards, collectible cards (I would kind of like to see one done in Garbage Pail Kids cards lol). Try to plot out your decorating placement and strategy before gluing anything to the tray to make sure it looks right and fits together nicely.
3. Once you have decided on placement you can move on to gluing your items to the tray with the eco-friendly crafting glue (You can use hot glue or anykind of glue you have at home. The point is to use what you already have at home and not buy more.)
4. After everything is glued and has set for 10-15 minutes, spray the entire tray with spray adhesive just to make sure everything is secured to the tray. This also helps if you have glues gems or anything that isn’t completely flat onto the tray.
5. Once you have let the spray adhesive set for another 10 minutes or so you can begin to spray the tray with the clear gloss spray paint. I suggest multiple coats only because you plan on washing this item repeatedly after uses and you want to make sure you can keep the tray looking pretty and lasting as long as possible.