Pinterest is at it again with awesome things for me to do! I found this awesome craft that can turn any boring old Glass it to something amazing!!!! It may just be me that thinks everything is better with glitter but I cannot help but be distracted by shiny things. It really is a curse. Anywho, I am pretty sure that everyone has some old glasses, mirrors or serving trays that they would like to spruce up. This is a great way to make something old look new! Here is how:
Clean Glass or Glasses
Mod Podge Matte Finish
Painter’s Tape (You might be able to use masking tape but I know sometimes it leaves a residue and you cannot put these glasses in the dishwasher after the glitter has been applied.)
Paint brushes (any sizes and tips are up to you as it will be your design)
Sheet or cover (to keep glitter from getting all over the place)
Large canister or plate (to place the glitter in while applying it to the glass)
1. Put the painter’s tape around the areas you do not want to glitter. Make your own design! Get creative.
2. Use your paint brushes to add Mod Podge to the areas you do want to glitter. Nothing has to be perfect so do what you want with it.
3. Place your sheet or cover down before glittering so it can catch any spillage.
4. You can either sprinkle the glitter over the Mod Podged area and put a canister underneath it so you can save any unused glitter or fill a canister or plate with glitter to roll the Mod Podged area in. Either way is good. I personally like to roll mine in the glitter to make sure the entire surface is covered.
5. Let the glass set for a few hours to make sure everything has dried.
6. Remove painters tape and excess glitter.
You can use this concept on many old smooth surfaces. The glasses are not meant to be put in the dishwasher however so be careful what you decide to decorate.