Over the holidays I usually purchase my friends and families pets safe and organic treats for the holidays but it never really occurred to me to make them myself. I know it is a little more time consuming but with all of the other holiday backing going on why not right? I found this quick and simple cat treat recipe that any cat would love.
½ cup organic whole wheat flour
½ cup non-fat, organic powdered milk
½ cup cooked and chopped organic chicken
1 tbs. organic vegetable oil
1 organic egg, beaten
¼ cup water
1 tbs. chopped, fresh organic catnip
1. Mix together the powdered milk, flour and catnip in a bowl.
2. Add the egg, organic chicken, vegetable oil and water and mix until dough becomes sticky.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
4. Grease the cookie sheet to make sure the treats don’t stick.
5. Form treats in to any shape or size you like. You can even use cookie cutters if you have ones small enough.
6. Place on cookie sheets to bake for 10 minutes.
7. Take out of oven and flip treats to cook for another 10 minutes so they cook evenly on both sides.
8. Remove treats from the oven and let cool before giving them to your kitty.